As communities enforce more precautions and social distancing due to COVID-19, your business and locations must take steps to adapt.
Use this checklist to make sure you’re taking the necessary steps to inform consumers, customers and local communities about how you’re addressing the crisis and what safety measures your business will implement in the coming months.
Google My Business
- If your business hours have changed, update the times that your dealership is open or closed.
- Google plans to enable the ability to post a “temporarily closed” message (versus needing to change your business description). Until this becomes available, we recommend adjusting your business hours.
- Business description: Update your description to include details about the extra precautions your dealership is taking and what services you’re offering to the community during this time.
- Attributes: Consider updating your attributes, if applicable, to more accurately represent your operations during these circumstances. For example, perhaps there are changes related to your “Amenities,” “Offerings” or “Planning” sections.
- What’s new? Share more directly with your community about what is currently going on at your dealership. We recommend including photos or videos to show any updates you’ve made to accommodate customers.
- Offers: If your dealership has created any special offers, this is a great place to share those and get attention from customers searching for vehicles and service.
Dealers working with Reputation.com: Contact your Customer Success Manager or Support team to see how we can assist your dealership
Create a series of posts related to your business, customers and employees:
- Communicate changes at the dealership that the community needs to be aware of, including accommodations such as delivery services,or updates to normal business practices (i.e. social distancing and updated hours).
- Inform your audience about your sanitization efforts, such as installing sanitizer stations throughout the dealership or implementing more frequent professional cleaning services.
- Share how employees at your dealership are taking precautions, for example staying home if they don’t feel well or taking virtual appointments with customers who prefer to not visit the dealership.
- Some dealers are also making customers aware that all sales-related transactions can be handled remotely, then the dealership will deliver the vehicle to the customers’ home.
Post major updates on ALL channels to ensure all your followers are aware.
Consider what other content your dealership can post to keep spirits up:
- As community leaders, dealerships are in a great position to share the positive news that’s happening around town. Share acts of service and kindness you’ve seen, to help calm audiences and inspire positivity during this time.
- Content not pertaining to COVID-19 is acceptable, as well. Be cognizant of the intent and how it can be perceived.
Have multiple locations and need help scaling these efforts?
Leverage our Social Media Basic or Advanced solutions to broadcast what your dealerships are doing to ensure safety for staff and customers.
Create a COVID-19 Page:
- Have a dedicated page on your website that enables linking from social media, Google posts and other PR to continue driving web traffic.
- Communicate business updates, considerations for employees and customers, community resources and the additional steps your dealership is taking during this time.
Website Chat Updates:
- If you work with a chat provider, make sure your key messages and scripts are updated so agents are properly prepared.