Preparing for the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
Reputation.com is committed to protecting our customers’ data and to helping our customers comply with all data protection requirements. We welcome the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) as an opportunity to demonstrate Reputation.com’s transparency about its data practices and privacy. We believe that strong data protection is a critical enabler for consumer conﬁdence, which translates into enhanced service offerings and the growth of digital commerce.
We’ve written a whitepaper that describes the key requirements of the CCPA and how the CCPA may impact your organization.
FAQ for CCPA
What is the California Consumer Privacy Act?
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) is a data privacy law passed by the state of California on June 28, 2018. It outlines new standards for data collection, new consequences for businesses that fail to protect user data and new rights that California consumers can exercise over their data.
Reputation.com Is Taking Action to Comply with the CCPA
Reputation.com is taking the following steps to prepare for CCPA compliance, all of which will be live on or before January 1, 2020:
How Reputation.com Will Assist Business Customers with CCPA Compliance
Reputation.com is taking the following steps to help our business customers comply with the CCPA:
- New Data Protection Feature. Reputation.com customers that receive CCPA requests from their end customers may address those requests with a new Data Protection feature that has been added to the Reputatin.com platform. Using the new Data Protection feature, Reputation.com platform users may search for, view and delete Personal Information for individuals that is stored in the platform, if required.
- Communication of Deletion of Requests to Customers. As a Service Provider, Reputation.com will promptly communicate the CCPA data protection requests to its customers. If you have a designated customer contact who should receive CCPA data protection request emails, please send an email to [email protected] and include the following information:
- The name of your organization
- The name of the contact designated to receive CCPA communications
- The email address of that contact
Rest assured, Reputation.com does not sell any Personal Information to any third-parties. Reputation.com shares Personal Information with certain third-party service providers to assist in delivering its services. Reputation.com will notify these third-party service providers of all personal information deletion requests and take steps to ensure the deletion of personal information by these parties.