Exercise 1: Building a Listening Monitor
1. Let’s create a monitor for the Reputation brand!
From the left navigation bar, click Listening
2. Now we’re being redirected to the Listening solution.
3. Click Create Monitor
4. Let’s choose what type of monitor to create. Click Your Brand
5. Let’s give our monitor a name. Click Monitor Name…
6. Type Reputation Brand then click enter to proceed.
7. Let’s create our first rule! Include words, phrases, hashtags, or Twitter profiles that someone might use when referring to your brand.
Type #reputationmatters then click enter to proceed.
8. Click the checkmark to complete your rule.
9. Click AND to add additional rules.
10. Let’s add a rule about language. Click Words to change the rule type.
11. Click Languages
12. Select English
13. Click the checkmark to complete your rule.
14. Click AND to add another rule to our rule group.
15. Since we have over 850,000 mentions per month, we need to narrow our monitor’s focus. Click Include posts with
16. Now click Exclude posts with — this allows us to exclude mentions from our monitor that contain irrelevant keywords, phrases, hashtags, or Twitter profiles.
17. Since she’s super famous and has an album called Reputation, let’s exclude Taylor Swift.
Type Taylor Swift then click enter to proceed.
18. Click the checkmark to complete your rule.
19. Click AND to add one more rule to this group.
20. We added #CX and #customerexperience to narrow the focus of this monitor to one of Reputation’s areas of expertise.
21. Review the monitor preview on the right to see sample mentions per month based on your current rules.
22. At the top of the page, click Save
23. Review the preview of your monitor and click Save to complete the creation process.
24. Looks like our monitor was saved successfully!
That’s it! You’ve completed this walkthrough.
Here’s an interactive tutorial** Best experienced in Full Screen (click the icon in the top right corner before you begin) **
Exercise 2: Exploring Visualizations
1. Let’s explore different visualizations we can create from our monitors.
From the Listen tab, click Explore
2. Let’s select the monitor we created earlier in this session. Click BDP Grand Canyon to change our monitor.
3. Click Reputation Brand
4. Change the time range pulling into your visualization using the filter at the top of the page.
Click Last 12 Hours
5. Let’s open up our range. Click Last 7 Days
6. Right now, we are looking at our mentions in a feed. We can see a few sample mentions that matched the criteria for this monitor.
Click Mentions Feed to select a different visualization.
7. Click Line
8. The line graph indicates the inflow of mentions over time for your chosen monitor. You can add multiple monitors and compare their line graphs.
9. Let’s look at one more popular visualization option. Click Line
10. Click Bubble Stream
11. The bubble stream illustrates the relative reach of the mentions analyzed across a timeline.
12. Remember, these charts are interactive! Let’s click the largest bubble to see which mention has the largest influencer score.
13. Here we see this post from Growth Hackers includes “Reputation” and our customer experience hashtag from our monitor rules. This mention has the largest influencer score at 66.
14. Let’s add this visualization to an existing dashboard. Click Add to Dashboard
15. Click the search box to find our Reputation Brand dashboard.
16. There it is! Click the green plus to select the Reputation Brand dashboard.
17. Click Add
18. Now where can I find this dashboard? From the Listen tab, click Dashboards
19. Here it is along with our other saved dashboards.
That’s it! You’ve completed this walkthrough!