Exercise 1: Experience Insights Strengths & Weaknesses
1. Let’s identify our strengths and weaknesses to see what we are doing right and which areas could use some improvement. Hover over Experience to get started.
2. Click Insights.
3. This Summary tab shows a high-level overview of your customer feedback. It includes how much feedback you received, overall sentiment, and the source in which your feedback came from.
4. Click Insights by Category to dive further into each category of strengths and weaknesses.
5. At the top of the page, you’ll see our top three strengths. Our top strength at BDP is People Skills.
Note the gray dot on each thermometer to show the Industry Average. The industry average is one point higher than our score of 91 out of 100.
6. Another feature to note is the Impact. This shows how much impact each category has on the average star rating.
7. In the section below, you will see our top three weaknesses at BDP.
8. View the number Mentions which is equal to the number of comments that include this category. A category is counted only once for a comment, even if there are multiple phrases in that comment that talk about that category.
9. 88 people have mentioned BDP’s affordability or value negatively via Reviews and Surveys. Here are some examples of what people are saying.
10. That’s it! You now know how to successfully navigate the top section of the Insights by Category tab.
Here’s an interactive tutorial** Best experienced in Full Screen (click the icon in the top right corner before you begin) **
Exercise 2: Experience Insights Sentiment Map
1. Let’s start where we left off in our last exercise and learn more about how to analyze our feedback. As a reminder, we are in Experience Insights along the left navigational panel of the platform and on the Insights by Category tab.
2. Look below Strengths and Weaknesses for the Sentiment Map. The color represents the category sentiment rating of comments or phrases that are tagged with a positive, negative, or neutral category sentiment.
3. The size of the box in the map indicates the volume of feedback associated with the category. Hover over the People Skills box to see the review/survey volume in that category, as well as the category sentiment score out of 100 points.
4. Now let’s dive into one of the weaknesses. The Wait Time category looks like it could use some improvement. Click View Customer Quotes to view customer quotes and further details.
5. On the left, the Word Cloud provides us with another visual of our feedback results. The size of the word represents how often it is used and the color indicates the category sentiment attached to the word.
6. On the right, view sample quotes for the Wait Time category.
The Source column indicates where the feedback came from.
7. This person says they were only two minutes late to their appointment, but had to wait 30 minutes to see the doctor!
8. Click View Survey to read the full comment at the bottom of the page.
9. Here you will see the customer’s full comment and star rating. We are now able to see that not only did this patient have a long wait, but they also complained about parking, the doctor’s professionalism, and the affordability.
10. Beneath the customer comment, take note of the tags. This comment is showing up under this list of comments because it is tagged with the Wait Time category. It would also show up in the Affordability/Value, Parking/Facilities, and People categories.
11. Great job! You successfully navigated the Insights by Category tab of Experience Insights and completed this walkthrough.